Recover With Clean Calories
While it’s not only important to make sure you’re consistently and correctly exercising, replenishing your system with good, clean calories is essential to the recovery process. Clean calories are plentiful in nutrients, balanced in macronutrients, and will fulfill your body’s caloric needs appropriately. By following proper dietary methods, you will be supplying your body with the nutrients it needs to succeed all day long. Clean caloric intake after a workout mostly comes from protein. By implementing protein efficiency into your system, your workout will have not gone to waste. Here are a few suggestions when looking for the correct protein to ingest:
- Whey Protein (Isolate or Concentrate)
- Whole Milk/Skim Milk
- Eggs/Egg Whites/Egg Beaters
- Protein Shakes (Free of additional sugars and carbs)
Take Charge Of Your Entire Day
Ensure that your morning workout was effective by watching and controlling what you eat for the remainder of the day.
- Small & Frequent Meals: Food that is properly proportioned will digest and supply energy into your body more effectively. Try and snack or eat something every 2-3 hours.
- Limit Carbs: Make sure to stay clear of sugar, bread, rice, pasta, or most fruits. When looking to eat frequently, stock up on lean meats, such as chicken, turkey, and fish. These animal based proteins hold a larger biological impact on your body, giving you the most energy and efficiency for your meal. If you do ingest carbs, make sure to eat them earlier in the day, allowing them more time to breakdown.
- Don’t Eat Late: Keep your meals balanced and timed appropriately before you go to bed. When our bodies prepare for sleep, we start slowing down and cannot breakdown carbs, sugars, and anything ingested during this resting period. Make sure that your last meal consists of lean protein and veggies, ensuring a restful night’s sleep.
- Drink Water: This step is so vital, that I felt the need to repeat it twice! Keep the toxins in your body at bay by staying hydrated. Drink 8 cups a water a day, to not only feel great, but physically see the benefits that water brings to our genetic makeup.
Following these sensible diet and exercise steps is not only essential for successful weight loss, but is the best way to stay healthy. Looking and feeling great isn’t complicated, but taking the steps to start a change can be the most difficult task. Achieving the results you’re looking for in a new physique takes time, patience, and consistent dedication to all areas of lifestyle changes. Stick with these facts, and be weary of any fad pills, diets, or trendy new ways to change your look. Work on creating fitness and nutritional goals to keep yourself motivated and in charge of your body. By staying on the right track towards success, your discipline and hard work will result in impressive weight loss rewards.